We believe that the Promotion Ceremony should mark the successful completion of your time at Citrus Middle School. The following criteria have been set as requirements for 8th grade promotion and participation in the Promotion Ceremony at Citrus Middle School.
- A minimum score of "BASIC" on CST in English/Language Arts and Mathematics on the 7th grade STAR test or minimum District Benchmark Assessment score of Basic in ELA and Basic in Mathematics in the 8th grade, or proficiency on an alternate district-approved assessment.
- GPA of 2.0 in 8th grade year.
- Suspensions Allowed: 10 days or less in 8th grade.
- Excused or Unexcused Absences: 15 days or less for 8th grade. The school site Promotion Committee will meet with parents/guardians to decide whether extenuating medical circumstances caused the absences. If absences exceed the allowable number, the student may petition the school site Promotion Committee to request an approved plan.
- All financial obligations must be cleared prior to participation in the ceremony.
- Students must pass the U.S. Constitution test with an 80% or better.
Students must meet these requirements in order to participate in any promotion ceremony or 8th grade end-of-year activities.