Articles of clothing, jewelry or personal effects are not allowed if those items contain writing, symbols, pictures, or insignia that:
- Display gang-related symbols
- Use profanity
- Display products or slogans which promote tobacco, alcohol, drugs or sex
- Disrupt the educational process
- Are obscene, libelous, or slanderous
- Create a clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts, violation of school regulations, or injury to students, staff, or community
- Violate state hate-crime laws
Citrus Middle School's primary focus of standard dress code is to establish a safe and secure learning environment that reflects positive campuses and school functions.
Any apparel, hair style, cosmetic or jewelry, even if not specifically mentioned below, which creates a safety concern, draws undue attention to the wearer, or tends to detract from the educational process is prohibited unless addressed elsewhere in this regulation.