School Site Council
What is School Site Council?
School Site Council is required for schools receiving categorical funds. Citrus Middle School receives funds through the Local Control Funding Formula. These funds are used to supplement the regular school program. The purpose of the SSC is to develop a program that is responsive to the needs of the students in the school. In order to accomplish this goal, the SSC needs to meet on a regular basis to assess the effectiveness of the school improvement program by planning, developing, and approving the School Site Plan. The SSC also reviews and updates the school categorical budget.
School Site Council Responsibilities
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies in the school
- Seek input from school advisory committees
- Reaffirm or revise school goals
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA